top of page
Charles Clark Kirk, b.1887 - d.1962, who would become Postmaster, named the hamlet of Piercy for the first white settler of the area, Samuel Piercy in 1920. With his locally born wife Leila Medcalf Kirk, b.1892 - d.1971, he created a grocery and general merchandise store, and eventually a gas station, and "Camp Piercy" a popular rustic resort.
The post war lumber boom saw as many as 7 mills operating in Piercy and a subsequent population boom.
Charles Edward Kirk born in 1922 following his service in the army operated the gas station and was a mechanic by trade. He established the Piercy Volunteer fire department in 1946 and was Chief for 37 years. The first fire Truck, was purchased from the Garberville fire department and the Piercy Fire Protection District was founded in 1957.
bottom of page